Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Found: The Perfect Alarm ISO: The Perfect Mattress


I’ve recently fallen in love with my BlackBerry Curve’s escalating alarm. It wakes me to the tone of Notifier_Entrance, starting off softly and gradually getting louder until I turn it off. If you know me, then you know a non-offensive sounding alarm is hugely important…if you don’t know me…now you know this.

On the subject of sleeping and waking up…I often awaken before it is time to get up. I don’t mind doing so, if it’s at least thirty minutes before I have to; because then I may fall back to sleep even if only for a brief few moments. I hate it if I wake only say, fifteen minutes before my alarm is set to go off…as that means I’m up earlier then I need to be. In case I haven’t been clear…I LOVE sleep.

In other news and yet still on topic (sort of)...Monday was my anniversary. The husband and I are buying a new bed complete with mattress. We’ve been on the search for many months. It’s about as fun as car shopping. And of course I mean…none.

Purchasing a new mattress is very difficult; you should dress comfortably, BRING YOUR OWN pillow and a light blanket or throw, as all of the beds will start to feel the same. Curling up with your pillow and a lightweight cover will help you to decide or at least narrow the selection (as in our case). A mattress is an investment, and by investment I mean…me sleeping through the night will aid in the husband and I staying married…other things that help are the four C’s…communication, compromise, cash-flow and cunnilingus.

PS If you are considering purchasing a Select Comfort bed…after you slap yourself stop all consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment