Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Follow the Treasure Trail...

Scott Brown in Cosmo, 1982

Looks like Scott Brown's treasure trail leads to DC. Fitting, I suppose, considering there's no shortage of dicks in our nation's capital. I am lukewarm to candidate Brown. He lent his hand to RomneyCare as a Massachusetts State Senator named for and signed into law by Gov. Mitt "l like mandates" Romney. Brown is also one of those "settled law" Republicans that refers to Roe v. Wade and same sex marriage (in Massachusetts) as such, while opposing those views...because, he's a lawyer and a politician, making him very good at double-talk.

I'm not a lawyer or a politician so I can write/say whatever craziness I want to...like...I would like to see Roe v. Wade overturned, because it is unconstitutional. The US Constitution protects life, if the lack of a heartbeat means that you are dead, then the presence of one means life. It's pretty basic. Also, I do not support a Constitutional Amendment, defining marriage. If gays want to get married, I don't care. It's none of my business. Most married people are miserable, if they want to be miserable, who am I to stop them? I like the Constitution...especially now that it allows, women, including me, to vote. The only amendment I would support is one for Legislative Term Limits on Capitol Hill.

Scott Brown raised millions of dollars last week from Republicans all over the country. My cynical side (heh, like I have another) says that these Republicans will soon refer to Senator Brown as a RINO, because well, he kind of is...but it is Massachusetts so it's not all that shocking...in fact, he will likely win this election because of moderate Democrats voting for him. Another point cynical Rebecca would like to make: A Kennedy has represented Massachusetts in this seat since 1952, the thought of a Republican, even a RINO sitting in it, makes the conservatives D R O O L. Talk-radiogasm.

PS: Is it just me or does he have really tiny hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment